[Duplicity-talk] AssertionError: time not moving forward

From: Andre Schütz
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] AssertionError: time not moving forward
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 14:26:16 +0200

Hello,

we are using duplicity for our incremental backup and since a few days, we get
the following error:

Error:

Local and Remote metadata are synchronized, no sync needed.
Last inc backup left a partial set, restarting.
Last full backup date: Sun Nov  7 01:00:01 2010
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1239, in <module>
    with_tempdir(main)
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1232, in with_tempdir
    fn()
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1214, in main
    incremental_backup(sig_chain)
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 474, in incremental_backup
    assert dup_time.curtime != dup_time.prevtime, "time not moving forward at
appropriate pace - system clock issues?"
AssertionError: time not moving forward at appropriate pace - system clock
issues?

We use the following configuration:

duplicity: Version 0.6.08b released March 11, 2010
Operating System: Ubuntu 8.04.4 hardy

The backup is stored in a Rackspace Cloud Files Container.

We found another solution that described a similar error. The solution was to
delete the
.part files in the /root/.cache/duplicity local folder. We renamed the .part
files but the
error was not fixed.

Does anybody have an idea how to solve that problem?

Many thanks,
Andre Schütz