Re: [Duplicity-talk] The new duplicity frontend

From: Dmitry Chernyak
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] The new duplicity frontend
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 22:49:53 +0400

Hi, Edgar! Nice to meet you!

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 15:26:41 +0100, address@hidden wrote:

On 26.11.2011 13:27, Dmitry Chernyak wrote:

Hello! Let me propose to your attention the new frontend for duplicity
- scduply (SkyCover Duply).

thanks Dmitry, although i'd call it a fork rather than a _new_ frontend
;)

i see you added your copyright at the top. as most of the code is still
based on duply i'd prefer you to mention me and christiane close to
there. this way it couldn't happen like in your readme file
https://github.com/skycover/scduply [1]that these contributions go awol.
As you can see, I already mentioning "duply" nearly everywhere :)
So it's no problem to change copyrigths as you suggesting. I'll fix this.

Nevertheless, we will be glad to submit any parts of our code to the duply.
thanks again. html-reports might be an option, but there has to be
significant user demand before i'd take that over.
The html-report was developed for the practical case.
When one is supporting a few stand-alone servers (possible from different customers) it becomes hard to visually process the raw logs, coming from
different sources.
The visual-friendly reports are helpful if you really wish to read the
reports daily and sometimes to analyze not only the failing conditions, but
also the warnings, the size and the time inconsistenses.

you might want to
consider though to port sone of the bugfixes from the current duply as
your version is based on a one year old version.
Yes, I'm aware of new bugfixes and planning to incorporate them. At present,
the duply version from Debian stable was taken as the base.

btw. any reason why you
do not use fetch command but instead a restore --file-to-restore
combination on http://en.skycover.ru/opensource/scduply/scduply-usage/
Oh! Thanks! :)))

--
WBR, Dmitry.