Re: [Duplicity-talk] --archive-dir is growing in size, how can I reduce

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] --archive-dir is growing in size, how can I reduce it?
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 10:39:27 +0100

> I would recommend you run the following:
>
>     duplicity remove-older-than 6M --force
>     duplicity cleanup --extra-clean --force
>
> (Ensure that `--force` is used when removing the files, otherwise they'll just
> be listed.)

be aware that --extra-clean removes the metadata for all but the current chain
(see man page) so you will not be able to list the contents of these backup
chains anymore. i tend to keep them for this purpose and manually have a look
at the backend that even older metadata files really are deleted from the
backend. sometimes they stick there, never figured out why.

..ede/duply.net