[Duplicity-talk] backend query_info question

From: Ken Bass
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] backend query_info question
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 19:43:33 -0500

Hi,

I am writing a backend (for the idrive/ibackup online storage) and am confused about the query_info().

Is a backend supposed to (optionally) provide query_info, or _query_list_info or _query_file_info? It is rather confusing as to which is really supposed to be provided and I wasn't sure what the leading underscore was for.

Initially I was just thinking of providing my own query_info, which is consistent with implementing other calls such as get, put, delete, but then when I looked at some other backend code, I noticed _boto, couldfiles, gio, local and u1 all go the _query_file_info route. No one appears to be simply implementing the query_info themselves.