Re: [Duplicity-talk] Anyone using duplicity with box.net (webdavs)?

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Anyone using duplicity with box.net (webdavs)?
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 23:03:25 -0500

(whoops, first email only got sent to ede)

On 29 February 2012 11:14,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 29.02.2012 17:05, Ken Bass wrote:
>> Not sure if it is related to the allprop thing, but when I tried using davfs
>> to mount box.net (webdavs) as a filesystem, the problem was that
>> even though a file would be uploaded, it would either disappear from the
>> filesystem or show a size of zero. I think there was some sort of lag
>> between the file being committed to the server and showing up on the local
>> davfs mounted filesystem. If I recall that caused duplicity to fail because
>> it would query the file it just uploaded and either the size would be
>> returned incorrectly or the file would appear missing.
>
> yeah we have added such a check lately, maybe we should have a switch to
> disable it for corner cases like these.
> @mt: what do you think? btw. sorry, haven't gotten around to implement it
> further so far ;( but i am still aware :)

Well, I'd prefer we were able to fix it internally rather than
introduce a user-driven workaround for a problem the user shouldn't be
expected to understand.

Maybe just turn off the check for webdav if it's going to be a
persistent problem.

Or webdav could add a sleep delay to let the server catch up?  Or
maybe there's a protocol way of waiting for confirmation that the file
is there?

-mt