Re: [Duplicity-talk] Anyone using duplicity with box.net (webdavs)?

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Anyone using duplicity with box.net (webdavs)?
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 21:09:37 +0100

Just got fresh, because i read that the listbody is not mandatory.
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4918.txt
"  A client may choose not to submit a request body.  An empty PROPFIND
   request body MUST be treated as if it were an 'allprop' request.  "
Works for me with box.net and german mediencenter.telekom.de .

Interestingly the automatic creation of the backup folder on the first access
leads to a

  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 960, in getresponse
    raise ResponseNotReady()
ResponseNotReady

a second run succeeds then. my guess it that the backend shouldn't fail here
but retry because obviously the folder was created successfully.

@Ken & all: Could you please check how your backends react on empty listbodies.
My take here is, if it is empty there is less to misinterpret for each and
every implementation.

..ede/duply.net