[Duplicity-talk] duplicity 0.6.18 on FreeBSD: missing gio module

From: Tom Limoncelli
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity 0.6.18 on FreeBSD: missing gio module
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 08:30:14 -0400

I had been using an older version of duplicity on FreeBSD but recently
I upgraded to duplicity 0.6.18 and it doesn't install right.   When I
run it it can't find an import called "gio".  My web searches for
gio.py only find it as part of a module called urlfs.

Import of duplicity.backends.giobackend Failed: No module named gio

If I fix that problem by working around it I get:

Import of duplicity.backends.giobackend Failed: No module named glib
BackendException: ssh connection to gspbackupservice:22 failed: [Errno
8] hostname nor servname provided, or not known

Any suggestions?

Tom

--
http://EverythingSysadmin.com  -- my blog