Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity 0.6.18 on FreeBSD: missing gio module

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity 0.6.18 on FreeBSD: missing gio module
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 13:57:17 +0100

On 19.03.2012 13:30, Tom Limoncelli wrote:
> I had been using an older version of duplicity on FreeBSD but recently
> I upgraded to duplicity 0.6.18 and it doesn't install right.   When I
> run it it can't find an import called "gio".  My web searches for
> gio.py only find it as part of a module called urlfs.
>
> Import of duplicity.backends.giobackend Failed: No module named gio
>
> If I fix that problem by working around it I get:
>
> Import of duplicity.backends.giobackend Failed: No module named glib
> BackendException: ssh connection to gspbackupservice:22 failed: [Errno
> 8] hostname nor servname provided, or not known
>
> Any suggestions?

did you actually use the gio backend before? if not, you can safely ignore the
error. it is expected.

i see you use ssh. this backend underwent a major update. you now need
paramiko
http://www.lag.net/paramiko/
and pycrypto
https://www.dlitz.net/software/pycrypto/
for it.
if you are lucky these are available as packages in freebsd.

sorry that this was not documented properly in the Changelog.

..ede/duply.net