Re: [Duplicity-talk] Out of space error while restoring a file

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Out of space error while restoring a file
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 12:27:59 +0200

On 08.10.2012 12:16, Laurynas Biveinis wrote:
> 2012/10/7  <address@hidden>:
>> On 07.10.2012 09:03, Laurynas Biveinis wrote:
>>> The script I used
>>>
>>> duplicity -v9 -t19D --file-to-restore file &
>>> duplicity_pid=$!
>>> lsof -p $duplicity_pid +r 300 &
>>>
>>> while ps aux | grep [d]uplicity >/dev/null 2>&1
>>> do
>>>     date
>>>     ls -lAR $TMP
>>>     du -c $TMP
>>>     df -h --sync $TMP
>>>     sleep 300s
>>> done
>>
>> nice.. from your output i could determine a minor issue of tmp files placed
>> outside duplicity's tempdir.
>>
>> also, it seems like expected: the du's during the restore suggest that no
>> more than 2times+plus some is used. to verify this, could you please:
>
> Well, something must explain the failure to restore a 30GB file on a
> 80GB free space partition...
>
>> - restore to another mountpoint not df'd?
>
> Can do.
>
>> - just loop a df every 10s? remove the others (lsof,date,du)
>
> A df for all partitions?
>
> Will take me a few days to get back. This is a laptop and I don't
> always get a luxury of keeping it unsuspended for 24h :)

no on that specific partition. like before but more often. if you want to be
really nifty you could create a loop device sized 80GB and mount and use that
as TMP to try to reproduce the 80GB overflow issue, although it seems to be
solved somehow.
maybe it only explodes if you try to restore more than one big file?

take your time, this is not pressing but it'd be nice to find out exactly what
is going on to properly document the needed space for others in the manpage.

..ede/duply.net