Re: [Duplicity-talk] Out of space error while restoring a file

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Out of space error while restoring a file
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 05:47:11 -0500

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 5:40 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
On 08.10.2012 12:12, Laurynas Biveinis wrote:
>> If that is the case, download both files directly from the release code at
>> > http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~duplicity-team/duplicity/0.6-series/files/head:/duplicity/.
>> > There is a green arrow at the far right for download.  Copy these over the
>> > old files and remove their .pyc files for safety.  If you go back through
>> > the process again, you will see 2-3 gpg processes at a time, but not a long
>> > list.
>> >
>> > Let us know how it goes, and thanks go to you and edso for hanging in there.
>> > We'll get this fixed.
> How do I proceed in the light of above?

do what Ken suggested:
- download the two files GnuPGInterface.py, gpg.py from the link above
- actually you'll gonna need tempdir.py as well since the change from yesterday (gpg tmp files)
- place them into /usr/lib/python<your_version>/dist-packages/duplicity/ overwriting the old gpg.py, tempdir.py
- remove the corresponding *.pyc files

run duplicity and it should be faster than before using less resources.

you could as well wait for the next release where we'd hopefully clear that once and for all.

@Ken: wan't me to refactor this and add a BIG comment to the import in gpg.py so no pkg maintainer ever touches the import again. provided (s)he has the capability to read.

Yes, please.  I think changing the name from GnuPGInterface to gpginterface should also be part of this.

...Thanks,