Re: [Duplicity-talk] Do I need to upgrade from v0.6.01 to latest version

From: howard chen
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Do I need to upgrade from v0.6.01 to latest version?
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 12:03:06 +0800

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM, <address@hidden> wrote:
On 06.11.2012 16:13, howard chen wrote:
i see your point. please check the changelog about tackled bugs/issues. that what it's there for. afair there was a bigger issue before 0.6.14.

eventually: data safety should be your personal concern first and foremost. hence, do you verify your backups periodically to make sure there are still intact? even if there's a bug, the duplicity verify routine will most probably tell you that your backup got corrupted.

Actually I am fine to upgrade but my biggest concern is: when upgrading, will it break my existing working backup?
The compatibility is hard to find in the changelog...

Anyway, thanks.