[Duplicity-talk] is a duplicity folder rsync-friendly?

From: Martin Erik Werner
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] is a duplicity folder rsync-friendly?
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 15:53:21 +0200

Hi,

I'm having problems using duplicity with a cifs mount, when I try to
make a backup to cifs it crashes with "CIFS VFS: No writable handles for
inode", I'm seeing similar issues when I try to "git push --mirror" onto
the mount as well.

However, straight up copying seems to work ok, hence I'm wondering if it
is feasible to create the duplicity archive locally and then rsync it
over to the cifs mount. Provided I don't make any full backups, is the
duplicity on-disk structure in itself incremental? Such that this method
would work and be as space-efficient as running duplicity directly to
the dir?

  $ cp -r /mnt/cifs/duplicity ~/duplicity
  $ duplicity ~/important/ file://duplicity
  $ rsync -a duplicity/ file:///mnt/cifs/duplicity

--
Martin Erik Werner <address@hidden>