Re: [Duplicity-talk] Incremental backup of files with changed data but u

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Incremental backup of files with changed data but unchanged timestamp
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2014 15:05:15 +0200

Ken,

can you as well point me to where the path.py _eq_() method (L325) is called
during an incremental backup? that would be the place, where i'd put a
--compare-data switch to enforce data comparison.

but, even if we ignore mtime and _always_ create deltas, wouldn't the current
design (afaics) assume the file has changed, create a new signature and save
this to tar - for every file - always?
i didn't see a check for when delta is zero. instead duplicity seems to assume
that when a delta is created the file has to have changed.

..ede