[Duplicity-talk] duplicity 0.7 and prefixes / cloudfiles, s3 testing

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity 0.7 and prefixes / cloudfiles, s3 testing
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 19:11:00 +0100

hi All,

just uploaded a branch starting to simplify how backends are selected.

https://code.launchpad.net/~ed.so/duplicity/lftp.ncftp.and.prefixes/+merge/240149

Changelog:
- retire --ssh-backend, --use-scp parameters
- introduce scheme prefixes for alternative backend selection e.g.
ncftp+ftp://, see manpage
- scp is now selected via scheme e.g. scp://
- added lftp fish, webdav(s), sftp support

as we have some more backends that use private switches
(--s3-use-multiprocessing, --cf-backend ...) that i unfortunately can't test i
hereby ask you to step forward and volunteer to beta test my upcoming changes
for these backends.
alternatively i would be grateful for hint's on how to test these backends.

Mike: will there be tgz snapshots for people not on Ubuntu/Debian or something
similar that does not require testers to check out via bazaar?

thanks.. ede/duply.net