[Duplicity-talk] GnuPG 2.1

From: Philip Jocks
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] GnuPG 2.1
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 11:38:35 +0100

Hi,

we're running duply on a bunch of FreeBSD machines and run into trouble after
upgrading GnuPG to 2.1. This is what "duply thismachine status" looks like:

Start duply v1.7.4, time is 2014-12-11 11:33:53.
Using profile '/root/.duply/thismachine'.
Using installed duplicity version 0.6.24, python 2.7.8, gpg 2.1.0 (Home:
~/.gnupg), awk 'version 20121220 (FreeBSD)', bash '4.3.30(1)-release
(amd64-portbld-freebsd10.0)'.
Autoset found secret key of first GPG_KEY entry 'XXXXXXXX' for signing.
Test - Encrypt to XXXXXXXX,YYYYYYYY & Sign with XXXXXXXX (FAILED)

Sorry. A fatal ERROR occured:

Encryption failed (Code 2).
[GNUPG:] BEGIN_SIGNING H2
[GNUPG:] PINENTRY_LAUNCHED 38244
gpg: signing failed: Operation cancelled
[GNUPG:] BEGIN_ENCRYPTION 2 9
gpg: /usr/local/bin/duply: sign+encrypt failed: Operation cancelled

Hint:
  This error means that gpg is probably misconfigured or not working
  correctly. The error message above should help to solve the problem.
  However, if for some reason duply should misinterpret the situation you
  can define GPG_TEST='disabled' in the conf file to bypass the test.
  Please do not forget to report the bug in order to resolve the problem
  in future versions of duply.

Before that, it complained about "gpg: WARNING: forcing compression algorithm
BZIP2 (3) violates recipient preferences", when I commented out our
"GPG_OPTS='--compress-algo=bzip2 --bzip2-compress-level=9'" line in the conf
file, the above happened.

Did anyone test duply/duplicity with GnuPG 2.1 yet?

Cheers,

Philip