Re: [Duplicity-talk] Oddity using --include-globbing-filelist

From: Aaron Whitehouse
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Oddity using --include-globbing-filelist
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 16:02:30 +0000

Hello Norman,

On 18/09/14 04:53, Norman Goldstein wrote:
> [...]
>
> So, it seems that duplicity is doing two passes
> of the lines in the globbing filelist file.  The
> first pass vets the file names, ignoring trailing
> white space.  However, the 2nd pass, which actually
> uses the file names, includes the trailing white
> space, and does not complain if the resulting
> file does not exist.
>
> I can attach the example, it you would find it useful.

That's interesting thanks. Sorry for the delay in replying.

I've noticed that white space at the end of a globbing file list caused
things to break, but I hadn't delved into it in any detail. I'm not one
of the main duplicity developers, but I've been meaning to look into
this issue in a bit more detail. It would therefore be helpful to me if
you could please send your example (if you still have it).

Kind regards,

Aaron