Re: [Duplicity-talk] gpg 1 or 2?

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] gpg 1 or 2?
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 11:10:12 +0200

On 07.07.2015 01:57, Scott Hannahs wrote:
> Hmm, "works with either”?

means, each and and every, but just one at a time ;))

>Fink which is the package manager for Mac OS X allows both versions to be
>installed simultaneously which are called gpg and gpg2 for the binaries.  How
>does the gpginterface.py call these binaries?

looking for a binary named gpg in PATH env var. fresh in trunk and still
unreleased is
 https://code.launchpad.net/~ed.so/duplicity/gpg.binary/+merge/262540

>Does it accept gpg2 as the name of the binary in the default path?

what's the advantage of gpg over gpg2, when both are installed?

>Do I need a setup directive to explicitly give the path to gpg2?

if you want to enforce gpg2 you can

1. symlink eg. /usr/local/bin.duplicity/gpg -> /sw/bin/gpg2  and run duplicity
with PATH="/usr/local/bin.duplicity/:$PATH"

2. download & install latest duplicity source and use the mentioned new
parameter

3. dirty but quick, patch gpginterface.py around line 286 -> self.call = 'gpg'

> Unfortunately on my test machine I have /usr/local/gpg (classic) due to other
> software and /sw/bin/gpg2 as installed by fink and that I would prefer to
> have used by duplicity.  The PATH variable gives precedence to the
> /sw/bin/gpg2 but is it needed to specify which binary to use?  I assume this
> is in the internals of gpginterface.py?

try the standard *nix way. run duplicity with a modified PATH env var as
outlined above.

..ede/duply.net