[Duplicity-talk] Automatically creating buckets with S3 storage

From: Andrew Beverley
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Automatically creating buckets with S3 storage
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 12:51:18 +0100

Hi,

Is it possible for Duplicity to create buckets automatically with S3 storage?

The manual implies that it does, but I get the error "BackendException: The
specified bucket does not exist" when using a non-existent bucket.

Looking at the code I can't find anything that calls the create_bucket()
function
in storage_uri.pl (well, apart from the CopyBot and SDBConverter classes, but
I'm
not sure how these are used). Certainly create_bucket is not being called when I
run a normal backup.

Am I doing something stupid?

Thanks,

Andy