Re: [Duplicity-talk] Specifying a non-standard port for S3

From: Andrew Beverley
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Specifying a non-standard port for S3
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 17:12:56 +0100

On Mon, 2015-07-06 at 13:00 +0100, Andrew Beverley wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-07-06 at 11:07 +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> > the duplicity boto backend
> >  http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~duplicity-team/duplicity/0.7
> > -series/view/head:/duplicity/backends/_boto_single.py
> > does not seem to support a setting of different port afaics.
> >
> > the method get_connection(...) currently only checks for a custom host and
> > uses that.
>
> Great, thanks for the reply, I thought that might be the case.
>
> I've tried hacking a port number in as a proof of concept, but can't get that
> work (I just added a port= parameter to the call for storage_uri.connect).
>
> It seems to be passed on okay, so I'm not sure whether it's related to the
> port
> number or another problem.
>
> I get "BackendException: No connection to backend".

Okay, it turns out that the key ID was wrong. Newer versions of Duplicity
correctly report this as access denied, but not the version I was using (v0.6.24
under Debian)

> > feel free to provide a working patch! ..ede/duply.net
>
> Will do, if I can get it working!

I've submitted a patch for the port number. Turns out it's a very simple change:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/1475890

Andy