Re: [Duplicity-talk] Specifying a non-standard port for S3

From: Andrew Beverley
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Specifying a non-standard port for S3
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 22:55:32 +0100

On 2015-07-06 13:00, Andrew Beverley wrote:
On Mon, 2015-07-06 at 11:07 +0200, address@hidden wrote:
the duplicity boto backend
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~duplicity-team/duplicity/0.7-series/view/head:/duplicity/backends/_boto_single.py
does not seem to support a setting of different port afaics.

the method get_connection(...) currently only checks for a custom host and uses that.

Great, thanks for the reply, I thought that might be the case.

I've tried hacking a port number in as a proof of concept, but can't get that to work (I just added a port= parameter to the call for storage_uri.connect).

It seems to be passed on okay, so I'm not sure whether it's related to the port
number or another problem.

I get "BackendException: No connection to backend". Looking through the source
code of that same file, I see this:

    self.bucket = self.conn.lookup(self.bucket_name)

Adding debug statements shows that self.bucket_name is correct, but self.bucket returns nothing, which results in the above error. Any ideas what I am doing
wrong?

The URL I am using is similar to:

    s3://xxxx.skyscapecloud.com/testbuck

I created the bucket using s3curl and successfully uploaded and retrieved a file
to it.

feel free to provide a working patch! ..ede/duply.net

Will do, if I can get it working!

Thanks,

Andy

Is anyone on the list able to provide professional support for the above?

Whilst I could probably eventually muddle through it, I don't really have the time at the moment and am not a Python programmer.

Offers welcome!

Thanks,

Andy