Re: [Duplicity-talk] Specifying a non-standard port for S3

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Specifying a non-standard port for S3
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 11:07:37 +0200

On 04.07.2015 19:17, Andrew Beverley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Duplicity to backup to a cloud storage service that uses the S3 API.
> However, it uses a non-standard port number. Is there a way to specify this?
>
> If I specify the port number in the URL:
>
>     s3+http://example.com:8443/bucket
>
> Then I get the error "Invalid bucket name in URI".
>
> I can see there are options in the source code to pass in port numbers to
> various
> functions, but I'm struggling to work out if/how I can make use of that.

the duplicity boto backend

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~duplicity-team/duplicity/0.7-series/view/head:/duplicity/backends/_boto_single.py
does not seem to support a setting of different port afaics.

the method get_connection(...) currently only checks for a custom host and uses
that.

feel free to provide a working patch! ..ede/duply.net