Re: [Duplicity-talk] Cloning/Forking the repo (was "Python 3 support?")

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Cloning/Forking the repo (was "Python 3 support?")
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 10:15:56 -0500

I am glad to see this.  I may start converting to Git soon.

I'm guessing pull request will replace merge requests?

...Ken

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 8:52 AM, Aaron Whitehouse <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Niko,

On 14/07/15 13:09, Niko Wenselowski wrote:

>> I'm fond of Launchpad, as an Ubuntu developer.  But I get that it hasn't
>> kept up with the times.  If all you're looking for is git, Launchpad
>> supports that now.  But it doesn't have the same ecosystem that github has.
> For me it's not about the ecosystem but more about the accessibility of
> a project.
> I failed to clone/fork a repo to do some development on my own.
> For me the usability of launchpad couldn't really be lower.

It is great to hear that you are considering working on duplicity.

Basic instructions on checking out and working with the duplicity code
are here:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~duplicity-team/duplicity/0.7-series/view/head:/README-REPO

Instructions on working with Launchpad repositories using Git are here:
https://help.launchpad.net/Code/Git

Please let us know if there are any specific things that you are
struggling with, either by asking on this list or filing a question here:
https://answers.launchpad.net/duplicity/+addquestion
I'm sure that we would all be keen to help you get up and running with
contributing.

Kind regards,

Aaron