Re: [Duplicity-talk] HubiC Backend: Multi Threaded uploads

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] HubiC Backend: Multi Threaded uploads
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 15:02:55 +0200

afair --asynchronous-upload does only what it says. uploading while already
building the next volume. normally duplicity would wait with volume creation
for the upload to be finished.

here is the manpage descr.
"
--asynchronous-upload
    (EXPERIMENTAL) Perform file uploads asynchronously in the background, with
respect to volume creation. This means that duplicity can upload a volume
while, at the same time, preparing the next volume for upload. The intended
end-result is a faster backup, because the local CPU and your bandwidth can be
more consistently utilized. Use of this option implies additional need for disk
space in the temporary storage location; rather than needing to store only one
volume at a time, enough storage space is required to store two volumes.
"

..ede/duply.net

On 28.07.2015 14:55, Tiernan OToole wrote:
> Manual RSync might be the way to go... mind you, looking at the
> script, i already have the --asynchronous-upload option turned on...
> and it makes no difference... Will try the RSync option... Not sure if
> Hubic supports RSync, but i do have a server in closer to HubiC that
> has a faster connection... maybe uploading to there and from there to
> HubiC...
>
> --Tiernan
>
> On 28/07/2015 13:41, Kenneth Loafman wrote:
>> Nice connection.
>
>> At this point duplicity does not have the capability to handle this
>> kind of configuration.  You could handle it by backing up locally
>> and doing the rsync manually (HubiC supports rsync?).  As a second
>> option you could use --asynchronous-upload to get two connections
>> going which should alternate between the two if load balanced.
>
>> ...Ken
>

>> On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 5:29 AM, Tiernan OToole
>> <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>>
>> wrote:
>
>> Morning all.
>
>> I am using Duplicity and HubiC to backup some machines and noticed
>> that when uploading, its only using 1 of my internet connections
>> (24mb/s up). I have 2 pipes at the same speed, and was wondering
>> how (if possible) i can get Duplicity to upload multiple files to
>> the HubiC backend at the same time?
>
>> The connection is load balanced and i ran some tests and can get a
>> full 48mb/s up if i use multiple rsync connections... (rsync with
>> parallel).
>
>> Any ideas?
>
>> Thanks.
>
>> --Tiernan

public class WhoDidIt{ // A comment. I love comments
  private static Person sender;

  public static void main (String[] foo){

  sender = new Person();
  sender.setName(new String[]{"Edgar", "Soldin"});

  Address address = new Address();
  address.setStreet("Stadtweg 119");
  address.setZip(39116);
  address.setCity("Magdeburg");
  address.setCountry("Germany");

  sender.setAddress(address);

  sender.setMobilePhone(" +49(0)171-2782880 ");
  sender.setWebSiteUrl(" http://www.soldin.de ");
  sender.setEmail(" address@hidden ");
  sender.setPGPPublicKey(" http://www.soldin.de/edgar_soldin.asc ");
  sender.setGender(true);