Re: [Duplicity-talk] listing files in a backup session [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] listing files in a backup session [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 11:11:54 +0200

On 28.08.2015 00:54, address@hidden wrote:

> "i must have missunderstood. what are you trying to achieve?"
>
> what files are backed up on any given day.

that's currently not implemented. the closest you get are backup logs, which
tell you the stats (eg. # of changed files etc.) and if you run it max verbose
you will see lines where the comparison fails and files get backed up.

> Usually we get requests for restores days after the event has happened. so
> we need to know when a file was backed up. The client doesn't know when the
> paragraph went missing or cells changed. We work things out by looking at
> sizes and modification times. something i seem not be able to do in
> duplicity.
>
> and given that i have to know what time to restore a file from (in
> duplicity), what am i to do, just feed in 1D, 2D, 3D, etc until i get a
> file ?

did you try '--file-changed' ?

> I understand that it's free and all and i'm happy to help, so don't
> misinterpret this as criticism.

criticism is fine, as long as it is fact based and constructive ;) ..ede