Re: [Duplicity-talk] listing files in a backup session [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED

From: Peter . Hine
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] listing files in a backup session [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 08:54:02 +1000

"i must have missunderstood. what are you trying to achieve?"

what files are backed up on any given day.

Usually we get requests for restores days after the event has happened. so
we need to know when a file was backed up. The client doesn't know when the
paragraph went missing or cells changed. We work things out by looking at
sizes and modification times. something i seem not be able to do in
duplicity.

and given that i have to know what time to restore a file from (in
duplicity), what am i to do, just feed in 1D, 2D, 3D, etc until i get a
file ?

I understand that it's free and all and i'm happy to help, so don't
misinterpret this as criticism.

thanks

Peter Hine
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Servers)
FCoA ITS
address@hidden

The information contained in this e-mail (including any attachments)
is for the exclusive use of the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.
It is noted that legal privilege is not waived because you have read
this e-mail.