[Duplicity-talk] Recommended way to rotate GPG key used by duplicity

From: Matt Bostock
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Recommended way to rotate GPG key used by duplicity
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 12:40:33 +0100

Hello,

What is the recommended way to rotate a GPG key used by existing duplicity backups?

We have approx 300GB of backups and we plan to replace the existing GPG key. Am I correct in assuming duplicity will perform a full backup and start using the new key?

Any suggestions based on experience would be much appreciated.

Apologies if this has already been asked - I couldn't find an answer in the FAQ on the web site or when searching the mailing list archives.

Thanks in advance,
Matt