Re: [Duplicity-talk] webdavs and large sync volume failing

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] webdavs and large sync volume failing
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 12:35:35 +0100

Wolle,

sorry, lost you in my email tsunami!
there are obviously several issues in the mix here. let's try to tackle them in
order below

first some more general questions?

A. where did you get your duplicity? did you build it yourself, which
repository.
B. how much ram are we talking about in your raspberrypi? (never played around
w/ it)

usually memory issues in the past were caused by maintainers fiddling w/ our
gpginterface, that's why i am asking where you've got your duplicity from to
check that.

What you can try.

1. webdav & oom-killing

run duplicity w/ a command you know that caused the issue in the past and in a
second terminal observe memory usage and processes. tyr to find out which
(sub)processes stuff your memory.
also make sure that /tmp or the folder you gave for temp files is not mounted
to a in-memory file system.

2. lftp not listing

lftp backend probably has an issue in the listing code. please run the listing
again in max. verbosity but backup/replace duplicity/backends/lftpbackend.py w/
the copy attached beforehand.

the resulting -v9 log output might tell us why the returned list is empty.

..ede/duply.net