Re: [Duplicity-talk] Remove the last inc backup

From: Richard L. Houston
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Remove the last inc backup
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 12:55:46 -0600 (CST)

Thanks very much Mark that did the trick.

To all those working on Duplicity... Thanks you very very much!!! This is a wonderful tool that has saved my backside a few time.

Take care everyone!

You should just be able to delete all of the files associated with that incremental backup, and it will be like it never existed

the files should be like:

duplicity-inc.<DATE_START>.to.<DATE_END>.manifest.gpg
duplicity-new-signatures.<DATE_START>.to.<DATE_END>.sigtar.gz.gpg
the difftar files for all of the volumes for the date range

you just have to find all the files that have the correct start date -> to date, like ".20160301T165929Z.to.20160301T173430Z" and then just delete those. Verify with 'duplicity collection-status' to make sure that it correctly detects that the latest incremental backup was removed. Duplicity will say that it deleted the manifest/sigtar files from your archive_dir cache since they will no longer be present in the backend.

~Mark