[Duplicity-talk] Merge daily backups?

From: Greg Bell
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Merge daily backups?
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 16:17:16 +1000

Hi Duplicity,

My use-case is similar to this thread: http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/duplicity-talk/2016-06/msg00020.html

But my backups are over the internet to a remote host. So my full backup will take weeks.

And I want to do daily incrementals.

According to the above thread, that'd be a bad idea. Ghozlane recommended the remove-older-than and remove-all-inc-of-but-n-full options.

Does the remove-all-inc-of-but-n-full merge the incrementals into one?

Ideally I'd like to have my daily backups result in just a few incremental sets (varying between 1 and n depending on how often I merge). The idea of thousands of incremental sets, reliant on each other for the backup's integrity, is scary.

Am I off in the weeds here?

Greg