[Duplicity-talk] Issues with the Amazon Cloud Drive backend

From: Tero Toikkanen
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Issues with the Amazon Cloud Drive backend
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 11:30:07 +0000

Hi,

I’m having constant issues with the current acdcli backend [1], so I wanted to see if the new backend by Stefan Breunig would have better error handling (found some tickets suggesting it would). However, it’s not working for me. Downloaded the adbackend.py file as instructed at https://github.com/breunigs/duplicity-amazondrive, but got the familiar error “UnsupportedBackendScheme: scheme not supported in url: ad:///Backup”. I’m running CentOS 7.2 with duplicity 0.7.10-1 from epel repo and acdcli 0.3.2. The correct directory for placing the backend file seems to be /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/duplicity/backends/, as that’s the only matching one. In that directory, all other backends have a .pyc and .pyo files as well. Is this the reason the new backend is not working? Is there something that needs to be done to get duplicity to recognize it, such as place it under a dist-packages directory (currently it doesn’t exist)? The python dependencies are in place as I’m already using the old acdcli backend.

Yours,

-Tero Toikkanen

[1] Upload failes with a “Read timed out”, which subsequently leads to a name collision. There’s a bug open about this at https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/1640195 and apparently it’s caused by a bug (or lack of error handling) in acd_cli itself (see https://github.com/yadayada/acd_cli/issues/349 ). Currently I’m unable to do an automated full backup, as the run is interrupted several times because of this, and has to be restarted manually. Daily diffs usually run through fine.