Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity 0.8.12 Released

From: Scott Hannahs
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity 0.8.12 Released
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 18:15:06 -0400

I implemented this version today updating my fink package manager.  There were the normal number of warnings due to Mac OS doing something strange to unicode between when my OS was released several years ago and today.

But there is also a warning in the test suite that is new, probably due to my use of Python 3.6 instead of 2.7.

/sw/lib/python3.7/site-packages/past/builtins/misc.py:4
  /sw/lib/python3.7/site-packages/past/builtins/misc.py:4: DeprecationWarning: Using or importing the ABCs from 'collections' instead of from 'collections.abc' is deprecated since Python 3.3,and in 3.9 it will stop working
    from collections import Mapping

====== 5 failed, 423 passed, 12 skipped, 1 warnings in 1068.69s (0:17:48) ======

I quickly got lost in the relative and absolute import details but it seems that the “from” command needs a module as well as a package in the description???

-Scott (not a python expert)