Re: [Duplicity-talk] How to use duplicity for local backup

From: MRob
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] How to use duplicity for local backup
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 15:16:40 +0000

On 2020-04-27 14:46, Scott Hannahs wrote:
On Apr 27, 2020, at 10:37 AM, MRob via Duplicity-talk <address@hidden> wrote:

Can duplicity have gpg turn off when it is not necessary?
yes. but then you may as well check out thy myriad of backup solutions
out there. one might be a better fit for you.

The point of my thread. Looking for advice here, please.

Actually this list is probably not the best source for advice on what
software does a different task than duplicity….  I can tell you why I
use duplicity but I don’t have a lot of expertise on why I don’t need
duplicity.

You are looking for a general backup solution without encryption.

Sorry for off topic. But Edgar's reply shows that there is that expertise on this list.

Original I thought duplicity can be tuned for trusted local backup. At minimum I think duplicity experts can tell opinion if duplicity can/cannot be as CPU and space efficient as rsync-based approach Edgar described.