Re: [Duplicity-talk] Erring out when using cron, but working on the

From: Diagon
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Erring out when using cron, but working on the command line.
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 19:42:58 -0700

Under Ubuntu, it's not ssh-agent running, but `gnome-keyring-daemon --start
--components=ssh`  (And FYI, that's not an agent for gpg keys since
--components=gpg is not chosen.  But, I'm using symmetric encryption.  My issue
here is the ssh key.)

So while getting ssh keys into the shell cron starts is a standard issue
(https://stackoverflow.com/a/18041092), the canned solution there (keychain,
which is in the repos) does not appear to be working if I try to run it on
boot.  It's causing my machine to freeze.  It does work if I run it in a
terminal after boot and before cron runs.

So I'm trying out other things, but if anyone else has input, I'd appreciate it.

/D

Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 13:43:25 +0200
From: address@hidden