Re: [Duplicity-talk] Erring out when using cron, but working on the comm

From: Diagon
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Erring out when using cron, but working on the command line.
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 23:32:55 -0700

Ok, so here's the way I found to do it on Ubuntu 16.04, Gnome.

In .bashrc I added:
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh

That will set the socket that gnome-keyring-daemon will use when it runs on
boot.  Then, in cron run the command as:

*/10 * * * * SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh PASSPHRASE="mypassword"
flock -n /tmp/bkuplk /usr/bin/duplicity --log-file /home/me/duplicity.log
--backend-retry-delay 60 --asynchronous-upload --name TEST --volsize 50
--full-if-older-than 6M --exclude '**.lock' /home/me/Desktop/TEST
sftp://address@hidden/Backup

/D.

From: Diagon
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 19:42:58 -0700