Re: [Duplicity-talk] OSError: [Errno 24] Too many open files

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] OSError: [Errno 24] Too many open files
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 14:03:46 -0500

ede,

It's fixed for most uses.  As soon as we get to the end of a gpg file we issue a waitpid() which harvests the file info.  If you have incrementals that have the same set of files open in all the incrementals you won't get to the end until all are processed.  This sounds like his use case, a true edge case.

...Ken

On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 5:02 AM edgar.soldin--- via Duplicity-talk <duplicity-talk@nongnu.org> wrote:
hey Ken,

On 21.07.2020 21:20, Kenneth Loafman via Duplicity-talk wrote:
> For each incremental file open duplicity will use up at least 3 File
> slots.  Yes, if you increase your 'ulimit -n' number you can get more
> incrementals, at a cost.

wasn't that fixed a while back. or to rephrase, why are the pipes are kept open after gpg decrypted the rsync data to be applied to the previous state?

..ede