Re: [Duplicity-talk] decryption failure in duplicity replicate

From: zga9uhnq4g
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] decryption failure in duplicity replicate
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 21:23:12 -0700

On 2021-08-25 02:22, edgar.soldin--- via Duplicity-talk duplicity-talk-at-nongnu.org |duplicity-talk| wrote:
Peter,

just realized that you obviously do not regularly verify your backups, which
would have thrown the error much earlier as well. for my backups i actually
backup, verify to a private ftp space daily with cron output sent per mail.

sunny regards.. ede/duply.net

I have done some test restores, but probably not until after I had a second backup chain that worked.  You're right I should probably do it regularly as part of my backup script that does send me email.

Is "duplicity verify" enough, or do I really need to do a real restore?

    - Peter