Re: [Duplicity-talk] How does duplicity know file changes

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] How does duplicity know file changes
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 12:55:20 -0600

Hi Tashrif,

duplicity looks at the date/time/size to determine if a file has changed since previous runs of backup.

It hashes the file via librsync into multiple hashes so it can tell what pieces changed in future runs.  If a file changes, then only the piece(s) that changed will be stored in an incremental backup.

...Thanks,
...Ken