eev

Re: [eev] Debian package: first real announcement

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: [eev] Debian package: first real announcement
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 23:52:22 +0200

Hey Eduardo,

On Fri, 6 Apr 2012 08:54:25 -0300, Eduardo Ochs <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Sorry not to have posted an answer to your previous message but my
> > mail server just blowned up.
>
> I remember that as being my fault!... You sent this e-mail to the
> mailing list,
>
>   http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/eev/2010-04/msg00000.html
>
> and as I felt that I only had a very incomplete answer I sent you an
> e-mail in private and promised a fuller, public answer soon - which I
> never finished, because it depended on fixing some things that looked
> trivial - but the fix became eev-template.el, which took me ages to
> write...

No problem. I am also trying to catch up with things I should have done
in ... 2009 !! ;) (oddmuse, color-theme, ipa, ...) No update, no
release, no anser to bug reports. I just did nothing but junk.

[ ... ]

> > Does this mean you will deprecate the /old/ way ?
>
> Sorry, good questions! Let me be clearer about the plan. The other
> "ways" besides eepitch will not be deprecated, they will just become
> secondary - eepitch will be explained before the other ways in most
> docs, and the scripts to invoke eev-rctool, to set up eechannel, and
> to test if they work will be rewritten to become eepitch-based.

Ok.

[ ... ]

> > Will GNU Eev be only eepitch+eev-template in a near future ?
>
> No, but I would like to rearrange the definitions in files to isolate
> the parts that depend on eev-rctool from the other parts. This is a
> medium-term goal, though.

Understand. While at it, why is there a project on savannah and nothing
in it ? Is it a dead project to host it there ?

/Xavier