eev

the language problem

From: Quiliro's lists
Subject: the language problem
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 17:18:55 -0700

Have you heard of Claude Piron?  He proposes solving the language
problem (understanding each other) in a more economic, rational and just
manner than is done currently.
https://yewtu.be/watch?v=_YHALnLV9XU

Even more so than Claude Piron, Lera Boroditsky made a very interesting
talk about the impact of language and the influence communication has on
the social environment.
https://yewtu.be/watch?v=RKK7wGAYP6k

My point is: if we use our own languages (instead of English or Latin at
the times of their hegemony), our own values will be elevated.
Otherwise, the values of the culture in the language we adopt will
prevail.  Making more works and communicating more on languages that
allow us to have power over our
own circumstances; it enhances our agency.  If we do not have a common
language, the best option is an empowering language (i.e. not English
for non-english countries).

--
Saluton.
Quiliro Ordóñez

All information received in subsequent emails and the associated
attachments is considered public with rights to use, modify,
redistribute and distribute modified versions, regardless of any
previous or future notice. If you do not agree with these terms, do not
send me information which you do intend to abide to under such
permissions as I have stated above. Thank you.