eev

A debug mode for find-here-links

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: A debug mode for find-here-links
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 03:08:54 -0300

Hi list - esp. Bruno Macedo,

  Eev still has a couple of parts whose data structures are hard to
  inspect. I don't regard these parts as "real" bugs, but I do regard
  them as hugely embarassing - and I have just fixed one of them:
  `find-here-links', that is explained in this section of the main
  tutorial,

    http://angg.twu.net/eev-intros/find-eev-quick-intro.html#4.1

  and in this other tutorial:

    http://angg.twu.net/eev-intros/find-here-links-intro.html

  The way to run `find-here-links' in debug mode is explained here,

    http://angg.twu.net/eev-current/eev-hlinks.el.html

  in the second part of the ";;; Commentary:" at the top - look for
  "Debug mode".

The lines above are from:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2022-06/msg00738.html
and they started a discussion with the author of Hyperbole that gave
me the opportunity to write down some ideas that were not obvious.
My main messages are here:

  http://angg.twu.net/e/hyperbole.e.html#o-h-and-e-738

  [[]],
    Eduardo Ochs