Re: [eLyXer-users] Math display in browsers other than FireFox

From: elyxer-users
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] Math display in browsers other than FireFox
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 00:19:32 +0200

Hi Xie,

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 8:28 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yes the limits are aligned correctly with the new lyx.css file, on
> both Safari and Chrome. However, there is another problem when I test
> the test/math-1-6-2.lyx, please see the safari.png.

Thanks for testing that. If you don't mind I will add you to the list
of contributors here:
  http://www.nongnu.org/elyxer/

As to the new problem with arrays: I have installed Konqueror which
should behave similarly, and it seems that it is solved. Please try
with the attached CSS file. (You just have to replace the last lyx.css
file with this one.)

Sorry if the detailed instructions are too boring for you, you seem to
be quite proficient with the command line, but better safe than sorry.
Just let me know if it is so.

> I don't know whether this information is useful for you,

Quite so.

> For the list of spaces: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/En_space#Table_of_spaces
> My Chrome can not display:
> U+1680  &#5760;         Ogham Space Mark
> U+202F  &#8239;         Narrow No-Break Space
> U+205F  &#8287;         Medium Mathematical Space
> U+2060  &#8288;         Word Joiner
> All other spaces are displayed well.

Do you think it is worth it to add a new option --spaces, or
something? It is clearly a Chrome issue and it will probably be solved
in time. If any other browser has trouble with mathematical spaces we
may try the new option.

> Oh, sorry it was the outdated IE6.

No problem. It would be cool if you could try it out with IE8, or at
least with 7.

Thanks a lot! We are making good progress here IMHO.

Alex.