[eLyXer-users] Additional LaTeX symbols

From: Jens Nöckel
Subject: [eLyXer-users] Additional LaTeX symbols
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 10:31:52 -0800

Hi there - happy New Year!
After finding some missing LaTeX symbols in elyxer's output, I went through a
large list of math symbols and found quite a lot of other exotic commands that
should be added for completeness. I consulted Mathematica and the symbol tables
provided by various LaTeX packages, and compared to what is already included in
elyxer. Finally, I ended up with the following translation table, which I think
could be added to the "commands" dictionary of the FormulaConfig class in the
conf/config.py file. I did several regular expression manipulations on the
table in xemacs, and I hope there are no duplicates of things that already
existed in config.py

Because of the special characters and since I don't know if zip files will go
through this email, I've put the table up on my web site as a HTML file. You
can copy the source of the body directly into the elyxer python code:
http://uoregon.edu/~noeckel/LyX/elyxer/sy10.html

By the way, I noticed an extra comma at the end ofseveral of elyxer's
dictionaries. Is that empty entry intentional?

Hope this works,
Jens