Re: [eLyXer-users] Wishlist item: Cross References to Citations

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] Wishlist item: Cross References to Citations
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 23:49:32 +0200

Hi again,

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 10:58 PM, Rainer Dorsch <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I assume the :filename:FORMAT is also something of a standard?
>
> It is probably not (yet?) a widely implemented standard:

I will assume that everything is stored as :filename:FORMAT since it's
convenient.

> I did a post on jabref-users to get more insight.

Great, just let me know if you have an authoritative answer.

>> Sure, it should not take too much effort. Just let me know about the
>> format and I will send you a test version.
>
> Thanks, that sounds great (I was not sure if you parse the bibtex file
> yourself or if you use some bibtex output and do not even get the field).

eLyXer does indeed contain its own BibTeX parser, and can do further
dissecting on particular tags. That is what I implemented for the next
version of eLyXer: extract the filename and display that as a link. I
will be sending you a preview in private and you let us know how it
goes, OK?

In the meantime, if you could let me know what BibTeX style you use
(alpha, abbrvnat or whatever) I might fine-tune that particular set of
templates for the preview.

Thanks,

Alex.