Re: [eLyXer-users] Additions to BibTeXConfig and BibStylesConfig

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] Additions to BibTeXConfig and BibStylesConfig
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 19:07:46 +0200

Hi again,

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 6:21 AM, Jose Ramon Alvarez Sanchez
<address@hidden> wrote:
> The construction \'{\i} was special only for accented i, because
> the normal i letter has a dot that must be removed to put other
> decoration, so \i is a latex command meaning an i without dot.
> And \'\i is another alias for \'{\i}. But \a, \e, \o, \u are
> not defined in LaTeX, so alternate forms for a, e, o, u are
> not valid.

Great, reverted that.

> I have encoded all the non-ascii letters in latin1 in the
> possible forms for BibTeX inside the attached file
> bib-escaped.txt with the format to substitute all the
> [BibTeXConfig.escaped] section in file conf/base.cfg.
> Symbols and accented letters are in the same order as
> in latin1 set. Other symbols in the original version
> are included at the end.

This is really helpful: I just used your list as [BibTeXConfig.escaped].

> Also find attached file testlatin1.bib containing only an
> entry with all latin1 letters in author and title fields
> for testing conversion in a LyX document.

I have included it in my test suite. I have also included a
bibliography where all items are shown (not just those cited in the
text).

> One issue remains to see here, I am not sure about solution.
> Pybliographic encodes letters or symbols that have a string
> name like "\copyright" in the form "\copyright{}" (this is
> the safest way).
> So, if eLyXer find an empty "{}" in bibentry will
> ignore it (no problem here), but if it were (manually)
> encoded (correctly) as "\copyright ", the space(s) should be
> removed for rendering by eLyXer. Also they can be
> encoded just as "\copyright" (without space nor braces)
> if they are the last letter/symbol of a field.
> This can occur with letters: \AA, \AE, \DH, \O, \TH,
> \ss, \aa, \ae, \dh, \o, \th.  Really not a big problem
> if the encoding is done always in the first safe form.

If you find that the extra space is giving you grief just let me know
and I will try to do something about it.

Thanks a lot for your contribution.

Alex.