Re: [eLyXer-users] Lyx 2.0

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] Lyx 2.0
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 22:11:22 +0200

Hi Pascal,

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Pascal Francq <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have another few points (perhaps some stupid things):

Not at all, they are quite interesting.

> 1. It seems that, when the formula are in off-line mode (Ctrl+Shift+M), they
> are not converted. eLyXer does not recognise the tag used by LyX.

I am not aware of this problem, could you send me privately a sample
file which exhibits this problem? At address@hidden If you want I
can send you a test version, and I can add you to the
acknowledgements.

> 2. Currently, the default css provides what is necessary to show the formulas
> and to setup the page. Is it possible to separate the two ? The reason is that
> I use another css to render the pages, and it seems to clash with some
> elements of eLyXer. And, if I does not provide the css, the equations are not
> shown correctly.

In fact it is: the distribution includes a file docs/math.css which
contains what you want.

> 3.  A lot of comments are put to stdout also if I use the "--quiet" option. In
> practice, I launch the program for several LyX files, and having tons of
> output is not very comfortable.

Could you send me the output?

> 4. I Lyx includes a ".fig" file, eLyXer transforms it in png (which is fine)
> but not in "eps mode" : the figure is shown as it where on a A4 landscape
> page. If I export in eps directly from xfig and insert the eps file, the
> problem did not occurs. It is not very important, but a little bit annoying.

Transformation is done using ImageMagick, so it's probably a matter of
passing the right parameters. Again, a sample would be most useful.

> Thanks for your work.

You are welcome! Glad it is useful.

Alex.