Re: [eLyXer-users] Naming HTML pages by chapter name with --splitpart 1

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] Naming HTML pages by chapter name with --splitpart 1
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 00:48:32 +0200

Hi Dan,

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 10:22 PM, Dan Motles <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am currently loving the elyxer utility but I was wondering if it was
> possible to name the html files by the chapter name instead of just
> [filename]-1.html, [filename]-2.html, etc? The reason being that updates to
> the document that change the chapter numbers will move certain sections
> around and if someone bookmarks a chapter that moves, they will not get the
> same content. If the chapter/section name is used instead, they can bookmark
> the page and as long as the chapter name is the same they will get the same
> page. Is this currently possible? Forgive me if this has been asked before,
> I tried searching the archives but didn’t find anything like that.

It is not done today but it shouldn't be too hard to do. Please take a
look at the dev guide:
  http://elyxer.nongnu.org/devguide.html
as to how to hack on eLyXer. The relevant file would be
src/elyxer/ref/partkey.py, and the function is getfilename() in
LayoutPartKey. The title can be read using readtitle().

Let me know if you need help on that. I am thinking that it might be a
good addition to eLyXer, perhaps as an option.

Alex.