Re: [eLyXer-users] Indented, color-coded Code Samples with eLyXer

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] Indented, color-coded Code Samples with eLyXer
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 21:38:33 +0200

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Jack Desert <address@hidden> wrote:
What's the best way to paste a code sample (Ruby, in my case) into a
LyX document and export it to html while

 A. Preserving the white space indentation

 B. Color coding the keywords so that strings, variables, and
comments are all a different color

?

I remember that some people sent me a sample which did this. I think your best option is to use a syntax highlighter in _javascript_ embedded into your HTML document.

Anyone have experience doing this? At this point, even pasting from
TextMate into LyX removes all the linebreaks, which is a hassle
because I have to go through by hand and put them back in. Any tips
are appreciated.

Maybe people on the LyX-users list can help you with this one.

Alex.