Re: What's the specification for sxhash?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: What's the specification for sxhash?
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2019 08:52:47 -0400

> Probably the doc string should be more explicit about what is/is not
> guaranteed. Is consistency only guaranteed inside the current running
> emacs thread/process?

Yes, they're only guaranteed to work within a particular Emacs session.

In practice they're fairly stable across sessions, but they depend for
example on the size of fixnums, so they're different in a 32bit build of
Emacs and a 64bit build of Emacs.  And we don't guarantee that they
don't change from one version to another.

        Stefan