Re: Add support for base64url variant

From: Pierre Téchoueyres
Subject: Re: Add support for base64url variant
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 20:36:52 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: address@hidden (Pierre Téchoueyres)
>> Cc: address@hidden
>> Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 22:30:14 +0200
>>
>> You'll find two patches attached.
>
> Thanks, I liked the second one better, so I pushed it.

Thank you.  Honestly I didn't expect it was accepted without further
modifications.

> Please note that the doc strings and the manual text included a few
> typos, and also used the passive tense too much.  See the follow-up
> changes I pushed after your changeset.  In the future, I suggest to
> use the Emacs spell-checking capabilities to spell-check the text in
> the manual and also the comments/strings in the C/Lisp sources.

This was the part I was the less confident (and for good reasons).
Thanks again to have (completely) rewritten it.  I'll try to be
more rigorous in the future with the doc, NEWS, etc..

I'll also thanks Paul Eggert for his optimizations of the new functions
in commit 5abaea334cf4c0e004fca2b8b272e091eb5b5444.

Pierre.

P.S.
Would it be any interest if I try to add others bases encoding as
defined in RFC 4648 ?  I think, first, to BASE32 and maybe on BASE16
later.