Re: Prickliness of the "invalid byte code" stuff

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: Prickliness of the "invalid byte code" stuff
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 19:39:26 -0700

Not quite sure I understood all that --- though I am sure you know what
you're saying.

>From my experience, if you byte-compile an already loaded file, then
calling functions from that file raises the afore-mentioned error ---
because of byte-compile-dynamic. If you then do M-x load-library of the
recompiled file, then life continues as normal in the running
session. My thought was that if we  could detect this specific case,
then we could as well have emacs load that file, rather than having the
user reload it by hand.